The continued existence of wildlife is important to the quality of human life!
Cape Verde is recognised as the third most important nesting area for loggerhead turtles in the world.
Join us for a bucket-list trip to see the endangered female loggerhead turtles come into shore to lay her eggs between July and September. You will be assisted on the tour by one of our trained loggerhead turtle specialist guides. Once a nesting turtle has been found we will take you out on to the beach to watch her laying her eggs and return to the ocean. Later in the season between late September and late October you will have the incredible opportunity to see the Loggerhead Hatchlings making a mad dash to the ocean.
These tours are suitable for all ages including children (children must be able to take instruction from the tour guide and must not make any loud noises or sudden movements)
€30 per person
Duration: 2-3 hours
- Hotel collection and drop off
- Small groups no bigger than 8 people
- 4×4 with an experienced licensed driver
- Experienced local specialist turtle guide
- Public liability insurance
Things To Bring
- Bottled water
- A jumper
- Camera (DO NOT USE A FLASH)
- Wear dark clothes and suitable dark footwear
- It is absolutely essential that you listen to your tour guide anyone not abiding by the rules will be escorted off of the beach for the protection of the turtles
- The tour is conducted at night and areas it is forbidden to enter without a guide during breeding season
- You must always keep a distance from yourself and the female turtle, no loud noises, sudden movements or light pollution are allowed
- Please note this is nature at her best and as much as we are most likely to see, we cannot give a 100% guarantee will we see turtles.
- Please be aware we are not able to take card payments, please pay your tour guide in Euros