This is the ultimate island tour of Sal, taking in all of the beautiful sights in one action-packed day. This tour is suitable for all ages and is ideal for families, couples and groups wishing to experience the island of Sal with local professional tour guides. A truly memorable and fun day, if you only do one tour make it this one!
Price: €30 per person
€150 for a private tour (up to 4 people) – €30 for additional guests
Duration: 7 hours
- Hotel collection and drop off
- Small groups no bigger than 8 people
- 4×4 with an experienced licensed driver
- Experienced English speaking local tour guide
- Public liability insurance
As an example our tours may include the following island highlights. If you have something specific that you would like included please let Gus know in advance, so he can do his best to accommodate you.
- Santa Maria – experience the tourist capital of Sal with it’s stunning sandy beach and turquoise waters. Santa Maria still has an African – Creole atmosphere with its traditional local fish market on the pier everyday and local handcrafted gifts for sale
- Kite Beach – is a bay located on the east coast of Sal, just 5 minutes drive from Santa Maria. Sal is known to be one of the best kite surfing locations in the world and hosts several championships throughout the year. As we drive up you will spot dozens of colourful kites in the skyline
- Salt Ponds – we will visit the salt evaporation ponds, where you will get to see the salt farmed traditionally by hand
- Palmeira Fishing Village – Sal’s main fishing port and the transit point of most of the goods arriving on the island by boat. This picturesque village has managed to stay authentic with colourful house fronts which have an almost Caribbean feel and local shops selling the famous “Cape Verdean Grogue”
- *Buracona (the blue eye) – Find the illuminated gap in the rocks and peer in, when the sun’s rays hit the water, the cave lights up and looks like a gigantic blue eye. You can also swim in the natural lava pool next to the ‘Blue Eye’, from which you have a clear view of the 263m-high Monte Leste – €3
- The Mirage – Terra Boa mirage appears as a lake in the desert landscape, you will have an opportunity to visit the Terra Boa shop and bar where you can buy authentic local products.
- *Espargos capital city – you will get a real feel for Cape Verdean life as we drive through Esparagos, most locals live here or Palmeria. We will stop here for you to enjoy lunch at local restaurant serving a wide selection of foods including traditional Cape Verdean dishes – additional charge as taken
- *Shark Bay – “No stress” is the mantra of Cape Verde but you will feel exhilarated by sharing the water with the lemon sharks. You can wade out to see these stunning adult lemon sharks, each growing to a gigantic eight feet in length. It’s perfectly safe, your guides will confirm that lemon sharks only eat fish and are not interested in humans! – €2 to hire sea shoes or bring your own
- *Salt Lake – Look 10 years younger! Pedra de Lume is an extinct volcano with a crater of 900m in radius. Allow your stresses and years to float away whilst you bob around in the salt pans they contain the world’s second-highest saltwater content – €5
* items marked with an asterisk are chargeable locally and not included in the tour price
Things to bring
- Swimwear, towel and sunhat (also wear dark clothes, we do go off road!)
- Suntan lotion
- Plenty of bottled water
- Money for entrance fees, lunch and souvenirs
- Donations for shanty town – Help Sal
- If your guide decides on the day that you can’t swim in the ocean, no matter how strong a swimmer please respect their decision. Your safety is of the upmost importance to us.
- A lot of the tour will involve off road driving over bumpy terrain, please inform us prior to your tour if you have a medical condition which you think may hamper your enjoyment of the tour
- Please be aware we are not able to take card payments, please pay your tour guide in Euros
- If you require a private tour or you would like to make a group booking please contact Gus for a price
“If you want an island tour book with Goose Gus cape Verde you won’t be disappointed we messaged him on Facebook and he arranged everything for us. We went out with V she was amazing picked us up at reception took to paddle with lemon sharks, swim in salt lake inside a volcano and visited many more places we stopped for lunch at a local restaurant which was the best Meal I have had in cape Verde 😉. V is brilliant she had very good information about the towns and it’s history she was brilliant with my children too.we opted to sit in the back of open truck which was a brilliant experience In its self new hair style by the end of the tour 😂 my advice is don’t wear white as I did and I was filthy but great fun”