I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list!
If you take just one trip whilst on São Vicente make it this one. This is my home, this is my passion, I will personally make sure you have the best time and get to see every nook and cranny worth seeing on this island.
€40 per person without lunch or €55 per person with lunch (2 courses excluding drinks)
A private tour is available for up to 6 people
€240 without lunch or €330 with lunch (2 courses excluding drinks)
Duration: 10am – 4pm
- Hotel collection and drop off
- Small groups no bigger than 8 people
- 4×4 with an experienced licensed driver
- Experienced English speaking local tour guide
- Public liability insurance
As an example our tours may include the following island highlights. If you have something specific that you would like included please let Gus know in advance, so he can do his best to accommodate you.
- São Pedro – A small fishing village with pastel coloured houses and fishing boats. This beautiful village is located on a white sandy beach, where you will have the opportunity to relax and swim in the ocean.
- Mindelo – experience the capital, the beating heart of São Vicente. Nestled at the foot of two extinct volcanoes and built around a deep water harbour, it’s a bustling traditional town filled with cafés, restaurants and colonial architecture.
- Monte Sessego – is the biggest village on the island after Mindelo. It’s known to the locals as the land of the Indians, years ago the ground was red like the colour of Indians. It has some lovely shops selling locally crafted items and a few very nice traditional markets. You will have the opportunity to wonder around and experience the stunning melting pot of architecture in this lovely village that is my “home”
- Calhau – We will visit the unspoilt beautiful beach at Calhau, the valley is surrounded by mountains and simply stunning. The Cape Verdean Atmospheric Observatory “Humberto Duarte Fonseca” is situated 1km north of Calhau.
- Salamansa – is an old fishing village, where the people have a heart of gold. We will stop here for lunch and experience food and culture and get to know Cabe Verde the real way. The long sandy beach at Salamonsa is a beautiful place for a post lunch stroll or to sit and watch the kite surfers and surfers.
- We will visit Monte Verde, from here you will have a great panoramic view of Mindelo. You can see the mountain Monte Cara, on a clear day you will be able to see the beautiful green island of Santo Antao and the uninhabited islands of Santa Luzia, Branco and Raso.
Things To Bring
- Swimwear, towel and sunhat (also wear dark clothes, we do go off road!)
- Suntan lotion
- Plenty of bottled water
- Money for entrance fees, lunch and souvenirs
- Donations for shanty town – Help São Vincente
- If your guide decides on the day that you can’t swim in the ocean, no matter how strong a swimmer please respect their decision. Your safety is of the upmost importance to us.
- A lot of the tour will involve off road driving over bumpy terrain, please inform us prior to your tour if you have a medical condition which you think may hamper your enjoyment of the tour
- Please be aware we are not able to take card payments, please pay your tour guide in Euros
- If you require a private tour or you would like to make a group booking please contact Gus for a price